I want a billion people to take my survey. How many survey responses can I get from you?
Not a billion, but as many as you want, practically speaking. I have run survey studies as small as 5 people, and as large as 3,000. We could even do more than that if you’re interested in winning my exclusive “survey buster” award.
How quickly can I get my responses?
The standard timeframe from your order to complete report is 4 days.
24 hour rush is available for orders under 200 responses for $20. Additionally, if you need a 24 hour rush order with over 200 responses, please contact me for a custom quote.
Where do you recruit all these people from?
During the day I work at a major ad agency and so I have direct access to a market research panel of tens of thousands of people all over the globe.
I also leverage a proprietary audience panel built in-house through my parent company Collective Mind.
How do I know these responses are real?
Your final report comes with a listing of all individual responses of the people who took the survey. Each response shows the respondent’s IP address that you can test using a service like IP lookup.
Each response also comes with a timestamp, so you can see how long each respondent spent taking your survey.
Finally, your survey is set up so that the same person is prohibited from taking it more than once.
I want a specific demographic to take my survey such as females aged 21-35 only. Is this possible?
Yes, this is the custom audience gig.
Anytime you want a target audience to take your survey who isn’t in the basic gig definition (ie. random US consumers), you’ll need to order this gig.
The cost starts for custom audiences starts at $1 per response which covers the additional cost of recruitment and screening. This compares extremely favorably next to market research firms who can charge 4 to 10 times as much, depending on the target audience and survey type.
Can I ask for the email addresses of survey takers?
I actually get this request fairly frequently.
Basically the deal is the work I do at Gregling Insight Factory for market research purposes only, not lead generation.
Privacy is very important to me and sacrosanct when it comes to market research. I don’t collect personally identifiable information from anyone.
I’m a doctoral student, can you help with my thesis?
Incidentally, I also have my Masters degree so I know the world & requirements quite well.
I have assisted quite a few Masters and Doctoral students in creating, hosting, deploying, and reporting their surveys.
Can I host the survey on my own survey platform?
Technically, yes, but I tend to steer people away from this.
I’d say about 97% of the time my clients have me host the survey and report the results to them.
It’s generally easier that way and I have no limits on the amount of respondents I can collect. It also helps me to keep visibility into the incoming responses and maintain data integrity.
However, if you’re dead set on hosting your own survey for whatever reason, contact me so we can organize the logistics together.
Who are these survey gigs good for and who have you worked with before?
Surveys are great for everyone. New business startups, academics, established businesses, or people just looking to help make a more informed decision about anything.
I’ve helped authors pick their book title and character name, doctors formulate new health products, developers, people looking for support in their business plans, business owners, bloggers, governmental organizations, freelancers, and people launching new products, among many others.
It’s fascinating, useful, and fun – and one of my goals with Gregling Insight Factory is to show people that customer feedback is actually addictive and fun!
Why is customer feedback research important and what can I use it for?
Customer feedback research is one of the most important – yet widely neglected – steps to maximize success in any business or personal endeavor.
Yes, even if you’re just a business of one or a small organization.
By surveying random, unbiased people, you can save a great deal of time and money, as well as provide solid justification why you should proceed forward with any decision.
Fortune 500 companies invest tens of millions of dollars earch year in customer feedback research to both reduce risk and make more money.
Procter & Gamble for example will test all elements of their new product, from the taste, to the packaging, to the name, and to the logo.
Because it works. It saves time, reduces risk, and ensures you go to market with a product or service that people LOVE.
And there’s no reason why individuals and small/ medium sized businesses shouldn’t do the same.
Here are some applications of why you’d want to use my customer feedback research gigs, and how thousands of other people have used my services in the past:
- Test your idea before putting it into market
- Pick a book or business name that will attract buyers
- Help select a logo that people love
- Determine who your ideal target audience should be
- Understand what your target audience thinks of your website, app, or idea
- If you’re putting together a business plan and you need solid justification for why your business or idea is worth investing in
- To make sure your idea is great before going to market to maximize chances for success
- To help narrow down choices when you can’t make a decision by getting unbiased opinions
- To complete the requirements for your academic thesis or dissertation
- If you’re just curious about what people think in general about things
And to answer any of these questions:
- How are market trends impacting my business?
- How does our target market make buying decisions?
- How can we attract new customer segments?
- What marketing strategies will work best?
And much more..
Customer feedback research is fun – and often addictive – as you never know what you might learn by asking people their honest opinion about things.
Can I see examples of the report output?
Yes, just check out any of the services pages as there are examples of the report output interspersed throughout for each of the different gigs you can order.
How do I win your exclusive “survey buster” award?
The largest survey I have run on Fiverr was 3,000 people. If you can beat that, I will offer you my special survey buster award.
There are probably zero real tangible benefits of receiving this honor, other than as bragging rights and perhaps as a resume bullet point.
What types of questions AREN’T included in the basic gigs?
These are the types of questions you can ask that require gig extras:
1. Open-ended comment questions (ie. “What is your happiest memory?.”) (Cost: $5 each for every 20 respondents)
2. Embed Videos (ie. “is this not the greatest video you’ve ever seen?”) (Cost dependent on video length – please inquire)
3. An attention check question to ensure that people are at high attention throughout, or they’re disqualified. An attention check question is a question that seems deceptively easy, but I insert instructions like “make sure to select orange for this answer so that we know you are paying attention” within the copy of the question. If they do not answer orange, then they are disqualified. What color is the sky? (Cost: $5 extra for any number of respondents)
4. How much do you agree with the following? (Longer matrix style questions like these count as multiple questions, because it takes respondents a lot longer to fill them out. – please contact me for a custom quote)
Please note: If you need help formulating questions, or need another pair of eyeballs on your survey to edit the responses, I offer survey editing starting at an additional $50.
Why are you so radiant and fascinating, Gregling?
You are perceptive and a great judge of character.